Tuesday, February 14, 2012

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week #96 - Perfect Pair

Hi, Kirsty here, this week challenge is The Perfect Pair!
We want you to make 2 cards that is identical but with different colors

The 2 colors we want you to use are
and
For this challenge, you will have to make 2 cards, one of each of the above colors as your main color, however, you are allow to pick up other colors from the inspiration photo, e.g. a bit of cream, or white, or green etc. Remember! The main color of your card has to be the above 2 colors! 

Scroll down to our DT's sample and you will get an idea of what you need to do for this challenge

~ kirsty

Week 96 ~ Perfect Pair


Guest Designer

Get to know Lilia....


I always loved crafting.  Art was always a big part of my life. During my childhood years I did a lot of different crafts, such as floral arrangements, painting, cross-stitching, card making and even some food carving. But as the time went by I departed from most of it retaining only cross-stitching as my main and favourite hobby. 
I fell in love with card making long time ago, although became more serious about it only around Christmas time last year. I started with embroidery on paper, and then moved to simple cards with embellishments. After trying stamp colouring I fell in love with it and now I like to use coloured stamps on almost every card.  
Thanks to my husband’s support (which means watching our 8 and 1-year old sons) I have a few evenings every week that I can devote to my favourite crafts. While he is watching boys I enjoy the time of creativity. It is my stress relief... I don't have one particular style, as I like to experiment and when crafting often follow my mood rather than some style. I like simple cards, I like clean cards, I like vintage cards, but most of all I like beautiful cards, no matter in what style they're made. I love the process and enjoy results even more! 




Lilia
Please stop by Lilia's blog and leave her some love

Design Team
We hope to get you inspired with the beautiful projects of the DT, please hop over to their individual blog to see more pictures of their work!



Kirsty Vittetoe



Linda Robinson


Cheryl Nelson

Ros Crawford

Take Note
You are welcome to submit any type of project based on the theme and enter as many times as you wish, but we do hope that the creation is new and original, please do not link creation that have been posted prior to the day of the current challenges. We are looking after our wonderful sponsors who donate time, prizes, and effort with full focus on them, to be eligible for the prize -

No direct selling links are allowed here
Please mention City Crafter Challenge Blog and provide a link back to us
Please do not cross-promote event unrelated to City Crafter Challenge Blog
Link your direct post of the challenge and not your entire blog


Prize

If you're passionate about paper-crafting, whether it be scrapbooking your memories, making cards or altered art, CropStop is your one-stop solution. We offer an extensive selection of dies, embossing folders, inks, stamps and punches by all the popular manufacturers and the CropStop die and embossing folder storage solutions Pocketz Pages to keep everything organized. Our selection of embellishments and adhesives is continually expanding and we are excited to be the home of the colorful Ribbon Candy.
In need of inspiration? Visit the CropStop Gallery, Blog or Message Board and participate in a competition or class. If you have questions concerning your machine, we have a team of experts waiting to help you.

Messager Board - come and meet like minded paper-crafters
Blog - we have prizes and giveaways every week
Gallery - lots of inspiration from all over the world
You Tube - demonstrations, how-tos, projects and much more
FaceBook page - be the first to know of new arrivals in the store
Twitter - we always find something worth Twittering!

CropStop ships internationally as well as domestic. Our personalized customer service is only one of our strengths. Call or come visit us at www.CropStop.com and wee what's new in the world of paper-crafting.

The winner of this week's challenge will get a $15gift certificate to shop at CropStop.


To Play Along
Upload your creation to your blog or online gallery, if you add your photo to an online gallery, please use code CCCB#96 so we could easily find your creation, then link here with the direct link, not your entire blog. Don't forget to link back to our blog so more people can join in the fun!

Submit
Challenge ends February 20th, 2012 at 11.59 PM (EST)
We would love you to play along, so come on and join us!

If you have difficulties using Inlinkz, please email citycrafter@gmail.com. We will try our best to help you with your questions.

Winner
* We have the winner announcement for week 94 up now, please scroll down to check it out*

Thanks for playing along, we had so much fun with last week's "Colours of the Rainbow" challenge,
here's the winner for week 95


and our Spotlight Artists are


Congratulations to all, please feel free to grab your winner/spotlight artist badge and display it proudly on your side bar.
Tracy, please send an email to citycrafter@gmail.com so we could link you up with our fabulous sponsor. You have till February 22nd to do that.

Thanks to all who sent in your entry for our week 95 challenge, hope to see you playing along with our current challenge "Perfect Pair".

8 comments:

  1. Hi All! Oooooh! I already know what I want to do for this challenge and lovely cards by the DT! Also, just wanted to check that I havent some how missed the winner for the envelope challenge? Belz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, that's a HARD ONE! the DT have done absolutely ♥BRILLIANTLY♥ however... but then you ALWAYS DO!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh can not believe I used the wrong colors, I was looking throuh my phone for the challenge, did it and when I came to post them it was all wrong...so sad. I wanted to share the link just in case you want to take a peek at my twins
    http://paperboutiquescrapbookingstudio.blogspot.com/2012/02/happy-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much ladies! I've so missed playing here. What a wonderful surprise! :-) Congratulations to all the Spotlight Artists! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all soooo beautiful and the color combo is my favorite!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desafio realmente difĂ­cil para mim...mas adorei estar participando!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my what a fun challenge! The inspiration photo was awesome. So chick and glam! And then the DT samples were so beautiful. Lilia, great work!
    ps- thanks for picking me as a spotlight artist!

    ReplyDelete